December 29, 2010
December 27, 2010
December 22, 2010
December 21, 2010
At work I have a huge data file/program conversion/update that needs to be complete by the new year. So my days have been filled with trying to complete as many cases as I can prior to this major conversion. I don't know how I missed it but I totally did not realize that this update needed to be done BEFORE the 31st.
I had simple plans of only taking one day off this year for Christmas. The official day off for the holiday this year is the 24th, Christmas Eve. The holiday schedule at work was changed and now the 23rd is also considered part of the holiday. That now gives me two days off from work. New Year's eve and the day prior were also part of this change. So I now have 2 MORE days off from work. I had pretty much figured at the beginning of the month that there was no way that I would have all my work completed before the end of the year, so this nice surprise of 4 days off is okay with me. I thought I planned to complete what work I could and then prior to my vacation next week I could process the conversion.
Today I found out that the programmers are off for the holiday until January 4th. Yikes! Guess who is converting tomorrow? Guess who is not even trained on said conversion changes? Guess what I will be studying over this holiday weekend?
But other than that everything else is going so well it feels kind of weird. All handmade presents are complete, all the shopping is done (save one present left for the hubby), presents have been mailed, other presents are currently in the process of being wrapped (in between writing this blog post and surfing) and Christmas cards have been mailed.
Just one more day left of work and then the fun and craziness really begins.
December 15, 2010
Talking about kitties & Christmas trees.....I hope you enjoy this funny (and oh so true) video.
December 5, 2010
Currently in my queue:
- Hotel Babylon (series 2). Just starting watching this last week. I like it. The husband, not so much.
- Dexter (season 4). Instant streaming got me hooked but now I have to wait for the disks in order to start watching this particular season....and I just now found out that the disks are not available yet. B.u.m.m.e.r.
- Six Feet Under. I saw a couple of episodes a few months ago when one of the television channels did a full day marathon and just had to add it to my queue. It only comes on disc though so it may take awhile until I get to watch them.
- Weeds (season 6). The series that started it all. This season just finished airing so I think I may have to actually get Showtime if I want to watch this any time soon.
- Better off Ted. If you haven't seen this, Portia de Rossi is the best! It's so funny! Can't wait to watch season 2.
- Survivors. Okay so this is no longer in my queue but if the show had not been canceled after 2 seasons, it totally would be.
How about you? What's in your queue?
December 2, 2010
It's Thursday night and I must post something. Why? Because if I don't then this blog will become a Wordless Wednesday only blog and I just can't have that.
Speaking of Wordless Wednesday. Yesterday's photo seems to be making the Tumblr rounds. If only those 109 likes & re-blogs counted on Flickr.
I cannot believe that Thanksgiving was one week ago. It doesn't seem like it has been that long. Of course I am still getting used to the fact that it is already December. The husband is planning on cooking our own Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. It has been a tradition for quite a few years to make our own turkey dinner AFTER the holiday. It is the only way we get to eat "leftovers". :-)