February 15, 2011

Spumoni {ripple}

At work my desk is situated directly under the A/C vent. At times (read everyday) it can get quite cold. Especially since it is usually set to 55 degrees. To try and keep warm I usually wear a sweater (even in summer) and more recently a fleece blanket to try to keep warm. If that doesn't work I then go and adjust the thermostat. This past Friday I walked over to the thermostat to find that it had been drilled closed with no option available to adjust the temperature.

Since my bones are not getting any younger I decided I would whip myself up a small lap-sized ripple blanket.

I had future plans to make this blanket but had not yet planned exactly what I was going to use (yarn-wise & color-wise) on it. But I wanted to finish the blanket as quickly as I could, so I went to the craft store to buy whatever inexpensive yarn I happened to come across. I wanted something that I would not mind leaving on the back of my work chair overnight. I debated way too long over colors and in the end just threw a few into the basket. Ummm... I am not too sure about my choices. Even the husband thinks the colors are weird. I think it kind of looks like Spumoni (which I think is yummy) so I decided to keep it. At least I probably won't have to worry about anyone taking off with it. Well that is if I actually finish it. My track record when it comes to finished projects is pretty bad.


Spumoni {ripple}



3 comments:

  1. how mean to lock the thermostat on cold brrr

    the blanket colors are ok.. youre sitting at a desk? lol

    I dont have a good track record for finishing things either...it would be a small scarf if i got that far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can't get them to close the vent over your desk? We had maintenance do that in my building over our desks because they keep the thermostat that cold as well and there is no heat in the building. We have heaters under our desk and if you leave anything overnight there is good solid chance that the maintenance people will steal it. Guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY: Yes it was quite mean of them to lock it but now I am not the only one that feels the cold. ;-) Everyone (except one girl) is freezing. I actually was moved to a different desk (in a different room), still under a vent but not so cold. :-)

    blueyes: A ticket was opened to close the vent but it was never done. I would love to be able to have a heater under the desk but they are not allowed in the hospital. :-(

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...