June 23, 2015

Hello, 21st century!

I must admit, I have been slacking on the index card-a-day challenge. You see, there's this thing called vacation. And to be honest, I don't even really know what day of the week it is. 

The husband and I took last week off from work. We had big plans to finish the DIY project that we started in the bathroom. Well, he went back to work Sunday (I went back Monday) and we never even once opened the bathroom door to see what needed to be done. 

Every day this past week (except for Saturday, I refused to even step foot outside the door on Saturday) we drove around town in the 109+ daily record-breaking heatwave. Every day in a car with no Air Conditioning. Arriving home drained and without the energy to do more than just veg in front of the television. 



Although, we had to deal with the high temps, the destinations made it all worth it. Why is that, you ask? Well let me tell you. 

The husband and I have finally joined the 21st century! We went to the store for one thing and came home with iPhones. Not only are these phones "smart" but they can text too! Up to now I have only had a dumb phone and the husband had none so texting each other is a completely new concept for us.


We also went to see Jurassic World. It's been way too long since I have seen a movie in an actual theatre. I liked it. I was surprised at how few people were there to watch it though. There were probably less than 30 people there. I remember when we saw the first Jurassic Park in the theatre many many years ago. The theatre was so packed that we couldn't all sit together and the husband and I ended up sitting in the very front row. It really was a much different time back then. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...