October 14, 2009

It's time to learn something

*Learning to abstract*  {324/365}

So remember when I got approved (from work) for training reimbursement and I was all gung-ho to start? Well here it is almost one year later and I have not even started my first class.

First there was a problem with getting my completion certificate from the college. I was officially finished with classes in April 2008 but it took until February 2009 to actually receive my certificate. All that waiting only to find out that the document in question was not anything more than a fill-in the blank certificate that looked as though it had been copied.

This new online program has some prerequisites that I have already completed as part of the college program. Since the certificate (that I waited 9 months for) would not work, and the college classes were not credit courses (so no transcripts available), I had to have the college write a transcript letter. I tell ya. . . I was not expecting this whole college letter writing thing to turn out well.

So. . . some time passes and I don't hear back from online program people. I email them and I am told they never received the letter. I do receive a copy of the letter sent from the college and I find it is not the right kind of letter. It was just a copy of the completion paperwork when I completed the course. So I have the college write another one. The college sends me a copy. This was the correct type of letter. But I never hear back from the online school. I wait. I email. I email some more but I hear nothing back.

So I created a new support ticket asking the turn around time for responses. I am told 24-hours. By this time it has been months without a response. So now I KNOW they are ignoring my requests and that it is not just my imagination. I finally get someone on the phone and explain EVERYTHING to the guy. He tells me they never received the letter from the college. I mentioned that I had a copy and he told me to email it but that since it was not officially sent from the college he would have to see if it was acceptable. So I did. And I waited. Just when I was about to contact them again I get an email telling me that they would be accepting my copy and that they had found the original college letters in someone else's transcript file. At least they waived the prerequisites. That was in August.

It is now October. Yesterday I finally purchased my first course. I have 15-weeks to complete it once it is activated. I had hoped to do that last night but ended up with a migraine. No problem. I tried for tonight. Yeah, I wrote this blog post instead. LOL! At least I have not activated it yet. I have a feeling that weekends will work out much better when I comes to working on class work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...