August 28, 2010

Miss Cairo Kitty

If you know me, are a regular reader of this blog or viewed my photos on Flickr you would know that I have cats, two of them in fact. One pleasantly plump, the other....not even close.

Cairo has always been skinny. In fact that is one of her nicknames. But lately she has been getting a little too skinny. You can feel her bones when you pet her. She has always been a good eater and she still is. She has just been losing weight. She is an older kitty, probably over 10-years. I say probably over only because we adopted her when she was supposedly 1-year old.

I tried feeding her canned food to see if she would gain weight. It didn't help. So off she went for a Senior Wellness checkup. We got the results back this morning and she has hyperthyroidism. I have to say I did breathe a sigh of relief. It could have been a lot worse. I picked her up some medication and so far the kitty who is the most difficult kitty to medicate, has been tricked into eating her pills twice. Keep your fingers crossed that she doesn't figure it out.


April 4, 2010: meeoww

March 6, 2010: backyard explorer

March 16, 2010: A cat is a lion in a jungle of small bushes



3 comments:

  1. Poor Missy Cairo! At least you know what is wrong now, and it is treatable. I hope she doesn't pull that face in the top photo every time you try to give her her medicine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she gets well right away. Hypothyroidism isn't fun. Maybe she will get lots of energy now. Glad she can be treated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lis. I am very happy that it wasn't anything more serious. So far I have had good luck with giving the medicine but now I have 2 that I have to give her and I think she is starting to catch on.

    Thanks Euvah. I wish lack of energy was the problem. She is quite the super active kitty. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...