May 2, 2014

Yarn is coming...

Scratch that. Yarn is here!

I ordered some yarn that was supposed to be delivered today, but it actually arrived one day early. Yay!

I am pretty excited about this yarn. I bought it for a knit-a-long. This will be my very first time participating in a knit-a-long. But it's not just any knit-a-long, it's a MYSTERY knit-a-long.

What is a mystery knit-a-long, you ask? Well, let me tell you. First of all, the pattern is a mystery. That means no one knows what the finished project will look like until the very end. Now, I can tell you that I know we will be knitting a shawl. But that is it. Each Sunday, part of the pattern will be released and bit by bit all will be revealed.

This will be my first time knitting lace.

This will be my first time knitting a lace shawl. 

Well...back to the yarn.

This was my first time buying fancy yarn sight unseen (and untouched). The colorway is a limited edition, dyed special just for the knit-a-long. To be honest, if it weren't for me seeing this photo of the yarn, I would have just scrolled on past the announcement for the knit-a-long.

I guess there is a first time for everything.

I blame it all on the yarn.


http://jimmybeanswool.blogspot.com/2014/04/game-of-thrones-mystery-knit-long-2014.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...