January 21, 2014

2013: A year in scrapbooking

I started 2013 excited about Project Life and ready to scrapbook my year. But now 2013 is over and I didn't manage to scrap more than one weekly spread. What I did manage to do was collect monthly Project Life kits. 



I scrapped the first week of 2013, but then put everything on hold in order to study for my certification exam. But once the exam was over (in March), I just couldn't get back into the groove.

I never even shared my first layout because I couldn't decide if I wanted to upload the photos to blogger or just use Flickr, like I do with all my other photos. I still haven't decided which option would be better.

Then, I got to thinking that maybe no one would want to see them. I mean, there are only so many ways a person can dress up a page protector pocket.


Even though I didn't really scrap this past year, my scrapping supplies did get some use.

For the second year in a row, I participated in the Index Card a Day challenge. I managed to create a few index cards this year but only shared 8 of them on the blog. 

I just didn't seem to have it in me to be as creative as I was when I first did this challenge back in 2012. I do enjoy the project and I plan to do it again. Not only to try to get myself to be more creative, but also because it is the only time of the year that I let myself buy some of the supplies that I have always wanted to try. Like Distress inks and spray mists and stencils, oh my!


crown


I do see a lot more scrapping in my future though and not just because I need to do something about this giant pile of cardboard kit boxes that keeps growing taller and taller.

Here's looking forward to a scrappy 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...