April 30, 2014

Y is for Yellow

Since January, when I first started crocheting my mini granny squares blanket, I have been on the hunt for the perfect mustard yellow. A yellow that is not too yellow and not too bright. A yellow that is kind of vintagey and dull.

Do you know how hard it is to find a DK weight acrylic/acrylic wool blend yarn in a mustard yellow? Every time I found a yarn that would work, it ended up being discontinued.

I thought I had lucked out when the same brand of yarn that I am using for this project came out with a "gold" color. I ordered it and waited patiently for it to arrive from England. When I got my first look at the yarn, I knew deep down that it wouldn't work. I crocheted up a square and attached it to the others and I just didn't like it. It was not yellow enough.

The hunt continues...


Stylecraft Gold
This is NOT the mustard yellow I am looking for.


I am looking for something more like this.



http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2014.html

              2013 A to Z post :: Y is for... Yesteryear
2011 A to Z post :: Y is for... xyz


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...