February 25, 2008

It has been a long day.

The majority of today was spent in one room listening to a multitude of speakers and only the last hour was about benefits. Benefits that I will not even be eligible until June so it really was not necessary. I really have to say I did not learn too much from today. I now know the history of how the hospital came to be and a few other interesting history items but that is about it. I was able to have a quick visit with my cousin (who works in the pharmacy) and a friend from school (that is in the same department as I am). Those were definitely the highlights of the day.

I did find that I am scheduled for computer training tomorrow at 9am. If it were not for this class, I would have NO idea what to do after my orientation. No one has spoken to me about my hours or where I will even be working. If nothing is said tomorrow while I am at the computer class then I need to go and hunt down that information.

I did find out one piece of important info during orientation. Wearing jeans is definitely a no-no. Last week was just an exception due to it being Rodeo Week. So, since I had not yet found any pants to wear, I decided to go shopping after work. I had planned to go to a particular store which caters to my shortness (and size) but the discount store was next door so I stopped there first. I did manage to find a 3 pairs of pants (2 of which will need to be altered). I also found 2 bras and a pair of Converse. I paid less than $70 for everything and then headed out to my regular store. I really wanted a pair of black pants and I wanted a pair that I could wear immediately. I managed to find a pair and even though they are tighter than I am used to, I bought them. Can you believe that I bought one pair of pants (and 5 pairs of undies) and spent over $70? Ouch!

The shopping wore me out more than the orientation did. I don’t think I will have any problems falling asleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...