October 16, 2010

one thousand and one

I cannot believe my photo has been viewed over 1000 times!

January 2, 2010: All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much


Who thought that a simple photo of a piece of birthday cake would be so popular? I for one never did. Not only does it have 1001 views on Flickr, but the photo has exploded all over Tumblr.

Hmmmm.....If I had known people would like it so much maybe I would have put a watermark on it. What is it they say? Hindsight is always 20/20? Well it is too late to worry about it now.

Here's a weird coincidence. I just noticed I also have a total of 1001 photos in my Flickr account. I think I may have a new favorite number. :-)

And to think this all came about just because the husband had a birthday. :-)


8 comments:

  1. You had me at cake!!
    Out for relax and surf..following you now.
    come on by when you get a chance
    http://closertolucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an excellent photographer. I think I could take a bite of it now.

    I am your newest follower just relaxing and surfing.

    Vickie
    victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog via Relax ans Surf Sunday and decided to follow you. I hope you will come see me and maybe decide to follow me also.
    http://traci66.blogspot.com/2010/10/relax-and-surf-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am new from the Relax and Surf blog hop!
    please return the follow and check out my new blog

    http://mommaneedsablog.blogspot.com/

    happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from ExposeYourBlog! Your picture looks good enough to eat.

    When to we get a piece of cake to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake sure does look good enough to eat right out of the picture!

    (I'm from ExposeYourBlog! too!)

    Good picture taking there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Closer to Lucy - Thank you for the follow and the comment. :-)

    Victoria's Voice - Thank you for the comment about my photos. I appreciate the comment and the follow. :-)

    Traci66 - Thank you for the comment and follow. :-)

    Colleen (Shibley Smiles) - Thanks for hosting the blog hop. I have found some really nice blogs to follow. Thanks for the comment and follow. :-)

    Chanda Vanderweide - Thank you for your comment. :-)

    Anji - Thanks! I am not a really big cake lover but this particular cake was ice cream and very yummy. It sure did not last long. :-)

    Don - Thank you Don. :-)



    Thank you all for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not surprised. You could sell this image on a stock site. The depth of field and composition are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...