September 15, 2004

Male Authors?

I am currently reading the book Nano by John Robert Marlow. I don't know what it is with male authors but I have noticed they like to use big words to make the book sound better - like they sat with a Thesaurus while writing. This book does that and the author also makes up words (which he admits to). I am finding it hard to concentrate on this book and find myself re-reading the same sentence over and over. I am sticking with it though as I am getting the jist of the storyline. I just think that it does not need all the extra filler stuff in the way of large words to explain the details. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that male authors are bad. In fact I enjoy the Left Behind series among many others and those are written by men. I just find it funny that they all like to use big words. Am I the only one that thinks this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...