December 26, 2011

Brownie {ripple}

I am happy to say that the Brownie {ripple} has been completed and is now in the hands of Nephew 1.0. 

He really does like it and I think he appreciated it more than I thought he would. He told me he bought a girl some knitting needles in exchange for some fingerless gloves and he is now awaiting a scarf and a hat. I have a feeling that anything I make for him in the future will be gladly accepted.

As for the Brownie {ripple}........

I started with a chain of 171 using a 6.0 mm (J) hook. A smaller hook size would have been ideal but I couldn't find one in my stash at the time. With the larger hook, this blanket worked up pretty quickly and the drape of the entire blanket is really nice. If I ever make another ripple blanket though, I will probably go with a smaller hook size.

Hook size: 6.0 mm (J)
Chained: 171
Finished Measurements: 55 x 54 inches

And just in case you are on Ravelry and are interested in more details, here's the link:

Brownie {ripple}

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...