December 14, 2011

I knit a hat

What's a person to do when they run out of yarn in the middle of a project? They start a new one, of course.

This past weekend, I ran out of yarn and had to put Brownie {ripple} on hold. I was just too comfy at home to go out and buy some more. 

The yarn was purchased a year before with the intention of making a hat or two, but instead found itself sitting in a bag in the closet. I searched online to find a pattern that used the yarn and needle size that I already had. Pressed play to watch Charmed on Netflix and a few episodes later.....Viola! A hat!

chunky knit beanie
Click to view larger sizze
Yarn: Lion Brand, Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, Grey Marble
Pattern: Chunky Knit Beanie (knit flat)
Needles: size US 13 circular

I cast on 44 stitches and then followed the steps for the large size pattern. I knitted 10 rows of garter before changing to stockinette and then knitted the entire piece for about 6 1/2 inches before starting the decrease rows. 

I knit the hat flat and seamed it up at the end. I totally learned how to do the mattress stitch and now know that there is nothing to fear from seaming. I actually kind of liked it, although I would still prefer not to have to do it.

knitted



4 comments:

  1. beautiful! and the way the weather has been, you'll get some use out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat. LOL- I can only knit scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice hat! knit in the round (on DPNs!) - it's so rewarding and no seams

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...