January 25, 2005

Works-in-Progress pictures

I have been taking pictures of my works-in-progress. Of course, I never shared them and end to end up taking even more pictures since I have been working on them. So here are some updates to my current projects.

First is my garter stitch scarf. It is actually straight but I think I was holding it at an angle and looks tilted. It was a bit larger than what is showing here but for some reason after about four stitches something went wacky and I could not fix it. So I tried to follow the steps to frog a couple of rows. I put a needle in certain stitches and then pulled the yarn out until I got to those stitches. I did not do it right as my needle was left with just yarn rolled around it and not attached to my work. I was able to catch the loops and put them on the needle. I surprised myself by being able to put them back on the needle the correct way (well I am not sure yet as I have not continued with my work but they look correct). Since the needle was facing the wrong way, I just had to transfer the loops to the other needle. I think I am back on track. I took apart maybe 5-6 rows so that is what is missing from this picture.


Now I like the front of the work (that picture up there). B is telling me he likes the wrong side (with the stripes from changing colors). I like it too actually but I am a bit bummed as I decided to carry the yarn and not just switch it out. So now I have that icky little trail of yarn up my piece. Being the perfectionist I am, I am trying not to dwell on it. LOL!

As for my thread project……it is still not finished. Here is where I am so far. I keep misplacing the darn pattern! LOL! I hope to finish it sometime soon so I can then figure out how to block it and then start on another one. They are fun! Now are they supposed to not be flat until they are blocked?

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...