June 14, 2010

alternate

Open Outlook. Create new email.

Dear Boss,
I have been chosen as an alternate juror.

Click Send......

*ring*ring*ring*

Hello this is the jury commissioner, one of the jurors has been excused and we need to call you back. You need to report tomorrow.

Immediately after clicking send I received the above phone call and of course while I am on this phone call I receive the email response from my boss telling me how happy she was that I was able to work.

I didn't mind being called back. What I did mind is that I knew the other people chosen as alternates had no plans of going back to sit on the jury. I think I was the only one that gave a work number and actually answered the phone. I do know that the first person they tried to call was unavailable as they had "left the state". I find that a bit hard to believe as everyone's schedule was gone over and no one had any vacation plans. I was told to sit tight and that they would try to get in contact with the "out of state" juror.

That was last week. I still have not heard back. I guess I don't have to go back to jury duty after all. Of course now that I have said this I am pretty sure I have jinxed myself.


1 comment:

  1. F.U.N.N.Y. That would sooo be my luck. I sure hope you didn't have to go back. Jury duty is not fun....

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...