August 29, 2010

Waiting for yarn

I have never purchased yarn online before. I am the type of person that has to feel something in my hands, stand there and stare at it awhile and then take days, weeks or even months to make a decision. I like the instant gratification of the purchase (even if it took me months to make it).

One of my current yarny projects  uses a lot of colors. I finally found a yarn that I liked and ended up buying all the colors in that line that were available at the time. I have never worked on a yarny project with so many colors before, but I decided I wanted to have even more colors. Because 12 different colors is just not enough. This yarn comes in 11 more colors but they are not sold in the store. Well maybe they are but not at any of the stores I went to. Which is surprising since this particular yarn is a big box store type of yarn, not a specialty yarn and not one that I would expect a store to have in limited supply.

So I searched online. I was excited to find that in addition to the usual big box stores (I'm talking Michael's or Joann's here), that Hancock Fabrics also carried this particular brand of yarn. I was excited because there is a store located within walking distance from my house. Even though we moved into our house a year ago, I have never been into this particular store. I called the store to see if they carried this particular brand in the store and was told that they did. I went last week. They had nothing. Seriously, I mean....nothing. And I am not just talking yarn here. The store was pretty bare. Maybe I shouldn't have looked at the website before I went. I had such high expectations and was pretty disappointed in what I saw.

So I took the plunge, I figured since I am familiar with the yarn it would not stress me out to actually buy it online. So I did. Now I wait. But I don't like waiting. It stresses me out.


February 24, 2010: Something scrumptious this way comes



No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...