November 13, 2012

I am an awesome baker and I knit too

Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving work potluck. I usually have a go-to dish that I usually bring but it appears that this year it is someone else's go-to dish. So, I had to come up with something else to bring to work with me tomorrow. 

I was going to bake something which is kind of funny because I really don't bake. I spent last night deciding on what recipe to make and even started the blog post in my head, you know the one where I write all about what an awesome baker I am. Well, I went to the grocery store today and found that a pre-made cake was a lot less expensive than buying all the ingredients to make something and the bonus is that I didn't have to do a thing.

It's a good thing that I decided to buy something for tomorrow's pot luck instead of making something. This way I can spend some quality time knitting. It has been awhile since I have been able to spend any time on my knitting due to that whole class thing. I had hoped to give the baby blanket I am knitting to my cousin on Thanksgiving. However, since I just realized yesterday that Thanksgiving is NEXT week, I doubt it will be finished in time. I am 1/2 way finished with the 4th color and still need to add a 5th. I guess I better get busy.



knitted garter stripes



knitted baby blanket


 

1 comment:

  1. I like your recipe, even I could do that! - Thanks

    You do have a way with colours, the blanket looks cosy.

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...