December 17, 2012

Back in 2009

Way back in 2009...I scrapbooked.

I know, I know that was years ago but soon after that we bought a house and everything went into boxes. Recently, I opened one of these boxes and was surprised at what I found. I thought the box would be filled with scrapbook paper and finished scrapbook layouts. I was wrong. I found tons of pages in various stages of completion and lots of supplies too. I also found the following pages. These were the last pages I scrapped right before the move.

I have 3-years worth of photo-a-day projects. The first year was 365 Days (a self-portrait a day for a year), then I did two years of Project 365 (taking a photo a day for a year). Since Project 365 is a photography project I never really planned on scrapbooking them, but I knew I wanted to do something with all the photos I took. I just didn't know what that something would be. I love the look of photo books but didn't really think I could afford one and to be honest I am a bit intimidated when it comes to making one.

For these pages I wanted to concentrate on showcasing the photos so there is very little journaling (I pretty much just copied what I wrote on Flickr) and the pages are very simple.

Thanks for looking.









10 comments:

  1. Great photos!
    And I love how you designed your two pager with all of the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Jo Rhoda. It took a bit of moving things around but I finally got all the photos and journaling to fit. :-)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! I love it and when you are done you will have a whole year in a book! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle. I am really looking forward to having it finished. I just need to get my butt in gear and scrap more than just these two pages. But you know me, I am such a slow scrapper. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't take me another couple of years.

      Delete
  3. Glad you found your layouts. These look great. Keep it up for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely way to keep a diary of what was going on. What treasures you have hidden away

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome and the photos are really wonderful! This will certainly make a great album when completed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the simple approach. Such lovely layouts!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog recently and leaving your sweet comment. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...