June 4, 2013

icad 2013 :: index card no. 2

Here it is day 4 of the ICAD index-card-a-day challenge and I am still having fun making them. Well, that is once I finally figure out what I want to do with the card. I have been working on my cards late at night and after working a full day my creativity is a little off.

I finished this card back on day 2 (June 2nd) of the challenge but am just now able to share it.

For such a simple card it was really hard to take a picture of it. I really wanted to show the sparkly of the glitter but then the texture got lost, but then when I tried to show the texture, the sparkly was gone.

This card was all about playing with gesso. I have very limited experience with using gesso and I am looking forward to experimenting more with it.

On this card I used red distress ink to cover the blank index card and then covered the entire card with gesso. I used a stamp to make the circles and then used Stickles glitter to define the circles. In real life the glitter circles are aqua and very very sparkly. 


icad 2013 :: index card no. 2 (closeup)

icad 2013 :: index card no. 2
Supplies: gesso, distress ink, Stickles glitter



3 comments:

  1. @Janet Murie - Thanks!

    @Erika Jean - gesso is usually used to prep and prime canvases (and other surfaces) prior to painting.

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...