January 19, 2014

2013: A year in yarn

I worked on lots of yarny projects this past year, but only managed to complete two yarny projects in 2013. Yep. That's right. Only two.

My first completed project in 2013 was a knitting project. I finally finished knitting my first pair of socks. YAY! And to think it only took me 1.5 years to do it. I finished the first sock back in 2012 but since a pair of socks is not considered finished until there are two, these socks were not officially done until 2013.

The sock attempt is complete

: : DETAILS : :

Pattern: A Nice Ribbed Sock by Glenna C. 
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks Jacquards in Aqua Jacquard
Needle size: US 2.5 - 3.0 mm
My Ravelry link: The sock attempt



My other yarny project for the year was another crochet ripple blanket. I guess I should just call it my annual ripple blanket, as I plan to continue to make these until I run out of nieces and nephews, and since that will not be happening any time soon, I see a lot of ripples in my future.

I finished crocheting this blanket on Christmas Eve but to be honest I still have to weave in the ends. So technically, even though it may not REALLY be finished, I am going to say that it is.

For this ripple, I used KnitPicks Brava Worsted and I have to say that this is my favorite acrylic yarn so far. It is so soft and I really enjoyed working with it. I think it even makes my crochet look better. I had originally planned to crochet a border on this blanket but the ends of the rows ended up being perfect. I have never had such perfectly crocheted row ends on a blanket. Ever. There was no way I was going to cover those up.


{ripple}

: : DETAILS : :

Pattern: Neat Ripple Pattern from Attic24
Yarn: KnitPicks Brava Worsted in Peacock, Cornflower, Dove Heather, Brindle
Hook size: US 5.50 mm (I)
My Ravelry link: ... {ripple}  



I look forward to being a lot more crafty in 2014. I have lots of new (and old) yarny projects already in the works.



No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...