September 12, 2014

Such an interesting creature

Morning visitor


Last month, I came across this morning visitor as I walked out to my car. I didn't have time to run back inside to grab my camera, so I quickly pulled out my iPod and took as many photos as I could.


Rustic Sphinx moth up close.


This giant moth is about the size of my hand. It's called a Rustic Sphinx Moth. It has awesome matte black eyes and it is covered in fur. It was so large that I could still see it all the way from the street as I drove away.


Such an interesting creature


It is such an interesting creature. Every time I look at these pictures it makes me happy that I got the chance to see one.


I know. I know. ANOTHER photo of a moth...


I know. I know. ANOTHER photo of a moth. But this one gives a better perspective of just how huge this thing really was.


Have you ever seen a Rustic Sphinx Moth?


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...