January 15, 2009

The kind without the bull

doze [dohz]

verb, dozed, doz⋅ing, noun
–verb (used without object)
1. to sleep lightly or fitfully.
2. to fall into a light sleep unintentionally (often fol. by off): He dozed off during the sermon.
3. to sleep for a short time; nap.
4. to be dull or half asleep.
–verb (used with object)
5. to pass or spend (time) in drowsiness (often fol. by away): He dozed away the afternoon.

I have never had a job that made me as sleepy as the one that I have now. The kind of sleepy one only gets when they are taking classes in school. Some days it is really hard to keep my eyes open. But I get that way whenever I have a lot of reading to do. It has not seemed to affect the work that I have done though, well at least I hope it hasn't. I think I am doing pretty well, all things considered. I do find though that when I take breaks I do much better. But then I also feel guilty taking a break. I don't want people to look at me and see that I am not working. I don't want anyone to think that I am slacking off in any way. I have discovered that for a mere $1.99 I can access the web for an entire day on my cell phone (of course it only costs $5.99 for the entire month). There isn't too much that I can to do online using my non-smart phone though except update my Facebook status and at $2 a day I think I would have to come up with some pretty darn good status updates.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stefani -

    Just checking in to say hello. What job are you working that makes you fall asleep? :) I love your cat pictures!

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...