November 2, 2010

Got Knitting?

See this?

This may end up being a Christmas present. I am not sure.

I have this silly notion that maybe I will make Christmas gifts this year. This is nothing new. I have made many presents in the past. But I have never knitted a gift before. Crochet, yes. Knitting, no. But for some reason I thought it would be fun to knit. I don't know why I thought it would be fun, you see I am an extremely slooow knitter and it is already the beginning of November.

I had figured it wouldn't be too bad. I could knit while watching television in the evenings. Then I remembered that due to my online class, my television viewing has been reduced to almost none. But being me, I decided to give it a go and cast-on Sunday evening. I knitted as fast as I could, in between trick-or-treaters, eating dinner and while watching The Walking Dead (awesome show by the way). As you can see by the picture, I didn't get very far. I was able to get a little bit further on Monday (but not by much) before I heard the textbook call my name. Hopefully today will be better.

4 comments:

  1. it looks wonderful and I love the color you chose. I can't knot a stitch to save my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting does go really slow for me. Get big needles to go faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Miles to go - Thanks. I was happy to find such a pretty color. I was ready to leave the store when I found it hiding behind the other colors.

    Connie T - I still consider myself a beginning knitter. You are right about the larger needles. I have more of these to make and plan on using the chunkiest yarn & fattest needles I can find. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you are a knitter / crocheter :) I was wondering if you would like to participate in a project that myself and some other ladies online are doing for Warm Up America?
    You can read more about it at my blog:
    http://www.transparentchristianity.blogspot.com .
    Check it out and let me know! We'd love to have you join with us!

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...