February 20, 2014

One year ago

It's so weird how things can happen a certain way one year and then be so different the next. 

On this exact day, one year ago, it was snowing. Snowing in the desert. 

So far, this month it's been in the high 80's (almost 90 degrees some days). 

I like the warmth, but I think I like the snow just a little bit more. Okay, maybe A LOT more. Maybe it's because for me, snow is very rare. You have to understand that when I say snow, I mean desert snow. Desert snow is awesome! Desert snow is quite a big deal around here. 

Last year, as you can see by my flurry of Facebook posts, I think I may have gotten just a little bit excited about the falling white stuff.











I wonder what will happen next year? 

Because this year? So far, this year has been pretty boring.




3 comments:

  1. I didn't know it ever snowed in Tucson. I would pick summer weather over snow any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda - Desert snow doesn't last for very long. It's kind of like a heavy frost. lol

    It snows about every 5 years or so. The last time was in 2007. That year was cool! It covered the ground and everything came to a standstill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow in the desert is pretty awesome. It snows here during the winter, but it's just been rain and rain and storms and rain and rain and floods.

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...