February 4, 2014

Crochet Mood Blanket 2014

Back in December 2013, way before Christmas, I came across an Instagram photo asking if anyone wanted to join in on a crochet along.

http://frofunky.blogspot.com/


I have been wanting to crochet a plain granny square blanket for awhile now and this sounded like the perfect opportunity to do so. Plus, it's kind of cool that it is another daily 365 project. I really seem to be drawn to those.

I really love the look of plain mini granny squares so I decided that that was what I was going to make. Since the squares are much smaller (only 3 rounds), I am pretty sure that I will have to crochet at least 2 granny squares a day in order to make a blanket big enough that will fit on top of my bed.

Since I am expecting this to be a large blanket I didn't want it to get too heavy. My grandmother once crocheted for us a king-sized bedspread with worsted weight yarn and it was so heavy that you could barely move when you were under it.

So, I decided to use a DK weight yarn. This gave me a great excuse to finally try Stylecraft yarn. The only bad thing about using Stylecraft is that it is not available in the United States. But thank goodness for the Internet, I was able to place my order online. Then came the wait.....Royal Mail (and Customs) sure are slow when it comes to shipping to the U.S. It took 15-17 days to get my orders. Normally, the wait probably wouldn't have been so bad, but I was impatient to start.

I was so excited when my first order of yarn got here. I really do like the Stylecraft and I am glad that I chose to use it. The colors are so pretty and the yarn is really soft. I was so happy when I finally got to start crocheting those squares.

But, since I am joining the squares as I go, I have had to put a hold on working on my blanket for the past few days. The main reason being that I was waiting for the remainder of my yarn to arrive and also due to me failing in my quest to find yarn in a muted, vintagey mustard yellow. Who knew finding an acrylic DK mustard yellow would be so hard?

But luckily the last 3 skeins of yarn arrived in the mail today, YAY! All that is left now is to find that mustard yellow. Any suggestions?


Mini granny squares



1 comment:

  1. Your colours are looking great, and I know how you feel about trying to find mustard yellow....its such a nice colour but so hard to find! Thank you for linking up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...