August 6, 2012

Ombré - Is it manly enough?

ombré
adjective:
shaded or graduated in tone: said of a color

Objects made with graduated color have always been a favorite of mine. In the past it was kind of a hard concept to explain to people, plus you didn't really see it around all that much. But, times have changed. It appears to be pretty popular now-a-days and ombré seems to be everywhere.

Now on to my question.....I have big plans to crochet another ripple blanket, this time for my teenage nephew. I was thinking that using all one color, like grey, would look pretty neat. Of course being me, I am stuck on WHICH grey to use.


I also thought about using different shades of grey but wasn't sure how it would turn out. That is until I saw this awesomeness the other day. This is exactly what I was thinking of doing. The different shades of grey look so pretty but it also makes me think that maybe the ombré look is not really a guy thing.


So, what do you think? Is ombré manly enough?


3 comments:

  1. I think... he won't even know what "Ombre" is so you're good. If anything it will help him woo the ladies ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooing the ladies....LOL! Thanks Erika Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think it will be quite a grown up sophisticated and elegant addition to his room. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...