September 17, 2009

H1N1

All the buzz at work the last couple of days has been about the Swine Flu. It's here. Not that it ever went away.

AZ is currently listed as one of the few states with widespread occurrence. So that being said, yesterday there were some new rules put into effect at work. The main one being no children 13 and under allowed. Oh and if you come to the ER you are not to come inside the building but to use the phone outside first.

There were meetings all day on how the hospital is going to handle any issues and what we should do if we happen to get sick. The meeting was pretty informative. I learned that I need a manual can opener (got two) and I need to practice social distancing (min 6-feet from others). As you can see in the handout below, these items are in bold which I think pretty much means they are important. ;-)


It is expected that 30-40% of the population will get sick. There were quite a few people (in my department) that stayed home today, it was really quiet except for the occasional sneeze (myself included). Since I work around a limited number of people, rarely leave my desk and I never really go out anywhere after work, I am not too worried about getting sick. Well at least not with the flu. I have been a bit under the weather this week but I can attribute that to allergies.

However....the husband is sick. He is never sick. He came home early from work and now he is asleep. Hopefully he will feel better in the morning.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Stefani...you wanted to know where I found that tree painting on the Pebbles blog....

    http://www.art.com/asp/search_do-asp/_/posters.htm?ID=0&searchstring=morning%20luster&ui=9F390341728F405A853EEE03EFBFD335

    It's at ART.COM and it's called MORNING LUSTER

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...