January 16, 2005

Some current projects

I thought I would write an early post today. B has gone hiking for the day and I get the whole place to myself. Yippee!!!

Here are photos of the two projects that I recently started. I am planning on adding more projects cause you know you cannot have just a couple. I still have a couple I have been working on from last year and previous years but I am only concentrating on new projects right now.

So far I am halfway finished with my thread project. Here is my progress so far. See I got the lopsidedness out of it. I had missed a ch5 and it threw the whole thing out of whack. I hope to finish this one and maybe start another sometime this weekend.

I have officially started my first knitting project. It is not anything fancy. Just a garter stitch scarf. I really think I am finally getting the hang of it. I tried to work on it some more this morning however but my fingers hurt too much. I am sure I will get used to it though.

I am using LionBrand Wool-Ease in Black and Oatmeal (I am loving this yarn!). The colors go well together I think. Of course everything goes well with black. This tiny bit (except for 2 rows) took me all last night (probably about 3 hours). I realize that knitting goes a lot slower than crochet and I am prepared for that. B is not prepared. He does not understand the difference even though I have mentioned it over and over. He wants his sweater now! LOL! I keep telling him that I only know one stitch right now and his sweater will have to wait! I guess I can take it as a compliment that he is already expecting me to be far more advanced than I currently am.


I plan to spend the rest of the day scrapping, reading my favorite blogs and cleaning (just a bit - I don't want to over do - LOL!). I am really looking forward to having the place to myself all day. I hope that does not sound mean but since B is not currently working he is always home. I do not get a day to myself anymore. Since I get 3 days off - one weekday and two weekend days I really looked forward to that weekday to do stuff for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...