April 25, 2005

Strictly knitting

What method of knitting do you prefer?

English or Continental?

What type of needles do you prefer to use?

Straight or Circular?

What kind of needles to you use?

Metal or Plastic or Wooden?

For me I guess I use the English method as I hold the yarn in my right hand. I would have though that since I learned to crochet first that I would prefer to hold the yarn in my left hand but I have never seen it done in person (yet) and I don't think my tension would be quite right. I have read though that the Continental method of knitting is much faster. I would love to be a fast knitter!

I have only used straight needles but at the suggestion of some local snb'er I bought a set of circulars this past weekend. I moved my shawl onto the circulars and I am liking that my shawl actually looks like something instead of just a lump of fiber. I can definitely see that I will have to make my shawl much larger than the pattern states. They do take some getting used to as the right needle likes to turn. I was thinking it was the plastic but the plastic is fine. I have also realized that I have a lot more leverage with the straight needles. I think I am getting the hang of using them though. I know that some people prefer to use strictly circulars when knitting. I do not know if I would be one of those knitters in the future but never say never! :-)

As for the kind of needles......I prefer the Bamboo. My first two sets (Christmas presents from dh) were metal. I thought that my inability to knit and enjoy it was due to me but I found that once I bought my first set of bamboo needles I loved knitting so much more! Yay Bamboo! So basically I am a Bamboo snob and that is what I got for my circulars as well!

1 comment:

  1. You are making me want to knit as if I have time to knit and scrapbook. How do you have time to do everything?

    What method of knitting do you prefer?
    English or Continental? I think I do the continental way with the yarn in my right hand.

    What type of needles do you prefer to use? Straight or Circular? I have used both straight and circular but prefer the straight for small things like scarves but when making a blanket I think the circular is better.

    What kind of needles to you use?Metal or Plastic or Wooden? I like the wooden ones so much better. I had trouble using the metal ones because the stitches kept falling off and it was so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...