March 26, 2007

Steady, As She Goes

I finished another page the other day.

Actually, I pretty much finished up two pages but one still needs some journaling and since I plan to handwrite, I need to psych myself up for ruining a page. I really don’t like the look of handwriting on my pages. But this page is quite different (I think) than what I normally do ~ so I am going to attempt to handwrite and if I screw it up then no one will ever know (or see it).

This page has been sitting on my desk for a little while now. I finally put it all together. It is about time too as the pictures are from 2004!!

I am trying to get out of my comfort zone. I actually used different elements for my title and for some reason I find that to be really hard for me to do. I used paint on part of the title, stickers for another and cut-out lettering that I then painted for the last part. I am very proud of myself for using my paint. :) It may take longer to complete a page since I have to wait for the paint to dry, but at least I am using the stuff.

Supplies used:

Bazill ~ cardstock
Making Memories ~ paint “dusk”, glitter glaze, letter stickers & stamps
Heidi Swapp ~ white paint
Scrapagerz ~ letter template
QuicKutz star diecuts made with some fuzzy red paper I have had I think since I first started scrapping over 10+ years ago! (Using my stash DUDE!)
Red ric-rak
Framers tape

…in other news. I went grocery shopping today. Very weird to be at the grocery store at noon on a Monday. I took care of some paper work, did some laundry and made dinner. Pretty full day. Much better than staying in bed all day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice and bright! I really like it! I know what you mean about using paint on a layout. It can be nerve-wracking!

    ReplyDelete
♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...