March 24, 2005

Sick & Tired of being Sick & Tired

Today has not started out well.

I am so tired of being sick. I cannot sleep. I cannot eat. I have no appetite and so I have to make myself eat, as the only thing I have in my stomach is medicine. I am constantly nauseous. What I do eat makes me choke. Damn it! This is just a cold! I just keep telling myself that everyone else who has been sick has gone thru this. B is mad at me for being sick and it does not help. I have had this thing exactly 1 week and 2 days. B keeps saying that 2 weeks is too long to be sick. I have not been sick 2 weeks. Sickness does not run on a business day schedule! Just because he had this thing and it was over in 3 days, he has to make me feel even worse about it. So, even though it is hard I try not to cough or blow my nose so that he does not get irritated. However, now that my voice is gone it doesn’t matter if I do any of those things. I so want this crud to go away.

So on top of this cold I ended up falling this morning. This is the 2nd time. This time I took 5 steps out the door and down I went. You know that feeling when you trip and think that you are going to catch yourself? I had that feeling the entire time and it was not until I was down on my butt that I realized I was not going to catch myself. I did not trip. My ankle refused to work. Just like the last time I fell. This time was different though. Last time my foot was asleep and when I went to step on it – it would not hold my weight. My ankle was like Jello (all wobbly) and my foot would not move. This time, my foot was not asleep. I had been up for a couple of hours, standing and climbing stairs before I left for work. Everything I was carrying went flying. I have a basket I have been taking to work with my 50% sale items and all those nail polishes went flying. I am so lucky nothing broke – just a little scratched.

So here I sit. I am now starting to feel what body parts hit the ground (hopefully the redness won’t turn into huge bruises) and trying not to let this cruddy cold kill me.

At least today, there are 2 other guys working with me. I am not working alone like yesterday.

Well that’s it for whiney ‘ole me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments make me Oh so very happy! :-) ♥

I tend to respond via comments so if you are asking a question (or just feel like it) be sure to click 'Subscribe By Email' to be notified of replies.

recent posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...